Friday, October 23, 2009

Fishing


I grew up in the black hills at a place called Summit Lake. When I was younger every Saturday I would go fishing with my daddy very early in the mroning. We would get up, put on warm clothes, rubber boots and what I remember to be very cozy hats. Once we were dressed we would walk out to the lake and get our gear ready and in the boat. Then we would start up the 2.5 horse trolling motor and cast off.


Sometimes we would fish from the banks of the in the middle of the lake. Other times we would just troll for hours. There was one place at the far end of the lake that was full of stick thick mud on the bottom. This was my favorite place to fish because the lake was shallow here so the water was warm, sometimes I would spend more time swimming thatn fishing. To this day I love to fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment